||Leisure and Rural Society
ed N. Ventris (1980)
ISBN 0 906337 089; £6.75
- Introduction . . . Nikki Ventris
- Social Change in East Anglia . . . Howard Newby
- Leisure in Rural Life: a Celtic Context . . . Isabel
- Cultural Planning and Provision in Rural Areas ~ The European
Experience . . . Richard Pine
- Leisure and Community Development in Remote Rural Areas . . .
Jane Arnot and Brian S. Duffield
- Leisure Activity and Resourcefulness in a Dorset Village
. . . John Roberts
- Provision for the Arts in Rural Centres . . . Richard
- Leisure Patterns Among Rural Residents in Mid-Norfolk . . .
Catherine M. Hill
- Access and Accessibility . . . Nikki Ventris
||Leisure and Family Diversity
ed Z. Strelitz (1980)
ISBN 0 906337 0 70; £16
- Introduction . . . Ziona Strelitz
- Leisure Adaptation to Family Variety . . . John
- One Parent Families and Leisure . . . Jane Streather
- Children's Leisure Needs in Different Types of Family . . .
- Leisure, the Family and the West Indian Adolescent . . .
- The Moral Dimensions of Leisure: Attitudes of Indian Immigrants
to Leisure . . . Maureen Michaelson
- Women and Leisure: Problems in Approach . . . Margaret
- Children's Play Needs and Opportunities . . . Anthea
- Working Class Women, the Family and Leisure . . .
- Leisure, the Family and the Woman's Role : Observations on
Personal Accounts . . . Alan Tomlinson
- Leisure in Mid Life: What Options Does the Housewife Perceive?
. . . Carol M. Octon
- Retirement , Leisure and the Family . . . Jonathan
- Introduction for a Discussion on Leisure and Families in
Retirement . . . David Crosbie
- Provision for Young People and Their Families : The Experience
of the Midlands Arts Centre . . . Robert Atkins
- The Family and Sport: a Review . . . Brian J. Rees
and M.F. Collins
||Social and Economic Costs and Benefits of Leisure
ed M. Talbot (1979)
ISBN 0 906337 0 62; £10
- Introduction . . . Margaret Talbot and R.W.Vickerman
- Economics and Leisure Studies: Themes, Problems and Policies
in the Economics of Leisure . . .
- Leisure Provision by Local Authorities in Areas of Urban
Deprivation; Social and Economic Costs and Benefits . . .
- Social and Economic Costs and Benefits of Leisure . . .
- Tourism, Sport and Recreation Strategic Planning ~ The Private
Sector . . . Michael Ryan
- Roles of the Commercial Provider in Leisure . . .
K. Nelson Butler
- Relationships of Recreation Provision and Delinquincy . . .
- Some Economic Aspects of Subsidies in the Provision of Recreation
Services by Local Authorities . . . John G. Gibson
- The Arts and Cultural Provision: Social, Economic and Aesthetic
Criteria for Grant Aid . . . Peter Brinson
- The 'Cultural Budget' ~ Criteriafor Support . . .
- Second Homes ~ Their Position in Rural Housing Provision
. . . Andrew Larkin
- The Impact of Second Homes ~ Some Comments on the Experience
in Wales . . . Ian Martin
||Community Leisure and Culture ~ Arts and Sports Provision
eds M. Talbot and R. W. Vickerman (1979)
ISBN 0 906337 0 46; £7.50
- The Relationship of Arts to Sports Provision: The Issues
Explored . . .Brian J. Rees
- The Imagery of Power: Sporting Institutions and Sporting
Individual . . .Fred Inglis
- European Problems of Cultural and Sports Provision . . .George
- The National Institutional Framework . . .Denys
- Sporta/Arts Building Design . . .Geraint John
- The Influence of Local Authority Structures . . .Anthony
A.S. Travis and Spencer Hudson
- Dual Use and Joint Provision . . .Trevor Morgan
- Perspectives on Provision in Arts and Sports . . .John
Boothby and Malcolm Tungatt
- The Cambridgeshire Village Colleges and Leicestershire Community
Colleges . . .R.J. McCloy
- Planning, Programming and Managing A Family Arts and Sports
Centre . . .John English, OBE
- The Sports, Arts and Education Mix: Education the Educators
. . .David R. Denton
- Experience of An Integrated Leisure Complex . . .Tom
||Leisure and Urban Society
ed M. Smith (1978)
ISBN 0 906337 0 38; £7.50
- Introduction . . . Michael Smith
- Leisure and the Urban Society . . . Rhona Rapoport
- Leisure and Lifestyles under Welfare Capitalism . . .
- Citizen Participation in Urban Revewal in Sweden . . .
- Urbanism, Sport and Welfare . . . Brian Rodgers
- Sex, Gender and the Sociology of Leisure . . .
- Education, Work and Leisure ~ Some Broad Policy Issues . . .
- Leisure and Craft Workers . . . William Bacon
- Theories of Culture and Leisure . . . Noel and
- The Media and Cultural Change . . . Alasdair Clayre
- Culture and Planning in France . . . Clause Roux
- Leisure Trends and Economics of the Arts . . .
- Class Stratification and Cultural Consumption: Some Motifs
in the Works of Pierre Bourdieu . . . Graham Murdock
- Quality of Life Studies . . . Mark Abrams
- Tourism: the Social Needs and How to Assess and Meet Them
. . . Sue Finch
- Wilderness and Urban Society: Myths, Mystiques, Mythologies
. . . Eugene C. Bammel
- A Three-Dimensional Leisure Activity Predictive Model . . .
lei Lane Burrus-Bammel
- The Appeal of VIolence in Spectatore Sport ~ a BioSocial
Perspective . . . Nicholas Petryszak
- Holidays and the Disscipline of Industrial Labour; A Historian's
View . . . J.K. Walton
||Tourism ~ A Tool for Regional Development
ed B. Duffield (1977)
ISBN 0 904828 28 X; £8
- Introduction . . . J.T. Coppock
- Tourism as a Tool for Regional Development . . .
- The Administration of Tourism in Great Britain . . .
- Tourism Policy and Regional Development in Scotland . . .
- Planning for Tourism in the Scottish Regions . . .
- The Economic Costs and Benefits of Tourism . . .
- Regional Tourism Multiplier Studies: Their Findings and Usage
. . . Max Hanna
- Public Authority Costs of Tourism . . . Brian G.
- Opportunity Cost and the Assessment and Development of Regional
Tourism . . . Roger Vaughan
- The Impact of Tourism in Host Populations: A Research Approach
. . . Dnald Getz
- A Strategic Overview of the Importance of Developing Overseas
Tourism to Development Areas . . . David A. Barrow
- Some Implications of Overseas Tourism for Regional Development
. . . Victor C. Middleton
- Problems of Implementing Tourism Policy to Achieve Optimum
Economic Impact . . . Margaret Capstick and Stuart
- Tourism as a Means of Development in Remote Areas . . .
||Leisure and the Community
eds J. Howarth and A. J. Veal (1977)
ISBN 0 7044 0244 0; £7.50
- Introduction . . . John Haworth and A.J. Veal
- Community Arts . . . H Baldry
- Leisure and the Community . . . Gordon E. Cherry
- The Quality of Life Experiment: the Sunderland Experiment
in Leisure . . . Chris J. Horn
- Community Arts Centres: the Brewery Arts Centre Project . . .
- Holidays: the Special Need . . . Susan V. Finch
- Working Class Non-Work Time and Social Policy . . .
Lynn F. Perason
- Crant Aiding Community Groups: Finding as Control . . .
- Measuring the Strength of Community Preferences . . .
P. J. Greig
- Leisure Provision and Human Need: a Note . . .
- Leisure Research: a New Direction . . . John T.
- Animation . . . Allan Kingsbury
- Notes and Reflections on Animation . . . J. A.
- The Importance of Management . . . J. K. Munn and
- Community Schools in Practice . . . J. Ferguson
- Mobile Provision in Rural Communities . . . H.
- The Islington Bus Company . . . Bill McAlister
- An Approach to Leisure; Satisfying Wants not Needs . . .
||Forecasting Leisure Futures
eds J. Haworth and S. R. Parker (1977)
ISBN 0 906337 02 X; £5.50
- Introduction . . . John Haworth and Stan Parker
- Forecasting: the Last of the Black Arts? . . .
- Predictions, Portents and Paradigms . . . Ian Miles
- The Poverty of Leisure Forecasting . . . Martin
- Forecasting Leisure Futures ~ An Exercise in Understanding
. . . Brian S. Duffield and Analysis
- monitoring and Forecasting Trends in Recreation and Leisure
in Britain . . . A.J. Veal
- 'Have You Got a Crystal Ball?' . . . Francis Kinsman
- An Approach to Forecasting Future Tourism . . .
- The Use of Forecasting to Reduce Risk . . . Michael
||Leisure and Public Policy
eds S. R. Parker and J. Haworth (1977)
ISBN 0 906337 01 1; £16
- Introduction . . . Stan Parker and John Haworth
- The Need for a British Leisure Studies Association . . .
- Leisure Research and Public Policy . . . Anthony
A. S. Travis
- Planning and Provision for Recreation: A Local Authority
Viewpoint . . . D. D. Molyneux
- Recreation Planning: Local Authority Performance and Statutory
Requirements . . . A Local Authority Viewpoint G. E.
- Provision for the Arts . . . Robert Hutchison
- The Emergence of Leisure as a Policy Issue for Central Government,
and the Administrative Response . . . Cyril C. Smith
||Sport and Leisure in Contemporary Society
eds S. R. Parker et al. (1976)
ISBN 0 906337 00 3; £6
- Introduction . . . Stan Parker, Nikki Ventris,
John Haworth and Mike Smth
- The Society of Leisure: Myth and Reality . . .
- Theeoretical Perspectives on Sport: a Devlopmental Critique
. . . Eric Dunning
- Leisure and the Family Cycle ~ a Map of the Territory . . .
R. and R. N. Rapoport and Ziona Strelitz
- Youth and Leisure . . . David Marsland
- AntiLeisure and Public Recreation Policy . . .
- The Political Economy of Mass Sport . . . John
- Sociology and Leisure: a Structural Approach and Some Policy
Implications . . . N.A. Perry and D. Johnson
- Some Preliminary Discussion on the Sociology of the Public
House . . . M.G. Wilders
- Leisure and the Individual . . . J.T. Haworth
- Social Caretaking and Leisure Provision: the Role of the
Professional Middle Classes in Planning and Servicing Leisure
Facilities in a New Town . . . William Bacon
- Sport in An Urban Context . . . Michael Collins
and Brian Rees
- MultiUse Provision ~ Problems of Policy and Provision
. . . G. Baldwin and D.L. Edmondson
- Some Problems in the Use of Survey Results for Recreation
Planning . . . Nikki Ventris